Yogurt-Blueberry Bran Muffins
- 500 mL (2 cups) yogurt
- 10 mL (2 tsp.) baking soda
- 500 mL (2 cups) flour
- 20 mL (4 tsp.) baking powder
- 2 mL (1/2 tsp.) salt
- 250 mL (1 cup) blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 2 eggs
- 375 mL (1 1/2 cups) brown sugar
- 250 mL (1 cup) oil
- 500 mL (2 cups) bran
- 10 mL (2 tsp.) vanilla
- Measure yogurt into large bowl and mix in baking soda.
- Set aside.
- In a large bowl beat together eggs, oil, and sugar.
- Add bran and vanilla.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add to the sugar mixture alternately with yogurt.
- Fold in berries.
- Pour into greased muffin tins.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (180 degrees C) for about 30 minutes.
Makes 2 dozen large muffins.