Chocolate Date Torte
- 4 oz chocolate
- 1 cup milk
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup flour + 2 tbsp
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3/4 cups chopped dates
- 1/2 cups chopped nuts
- vanilla pudding
- whipped cream
- Preheat oven 325 degrees
- Melt chocolate with milk in saucepan
- Cool then place in mixing bowl
- Add 4 beaten egg yolks (save whites), powdered sugar and vanilla.
- Add 1 cup flour, and 1/2 tsp salt
- Sprinkle 2 tbsp. flour over dates and nutes.
- Add these to batter.
- Beat 4 egg whites until stiff and fold into batter.
- Ideally use 4 pans (2 can be used also, then when baked, slice
each layer in half)
- Pour batter evenly into pans
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Spread vanilla pudding between each layer.
- Use real whipped cream to ice top and sides