- 1/2 lb. milk
- 2 cups salted almonds
- 2 cups butter or margarine
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 tbs. corn
- 6 tbs.water
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
- Melt chocolate over low heat.
- Slice 1 cup almonds in
halves, lengthwise and coarsely chop the remainder.
- Melt butter in heavy
saucepan. Add sugar, almond halves, corn syrup and water.
- Stir only
until sugar is blended in.
- Cook very slowly, stirring occasionally,
until small amount in cold water makes hard threads (290 degrees F).
- Add vanilla.
- Pour onto marble slab or buttered tray.
- Let it spread out
to 1/4" thickness.
- When cool spread melted chocolate evenly on top,
and sprinkle with remaining almonds.
- Makes 3 lbs.