Spiced Honey Cookies
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 2 1/4 cups plus 2 tbsp. flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. cloves, cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 cup ground almonds
- 2 tbsp. chopped candied orange peel
- 2 tbsp. chopped candied lemon peel
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup honey
- half cup milk
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1/2 tsp. almond essance
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. cold water
- Coat bottom and sides of jelly roll pan with soft butter.
- Sprinkle 2 tbsp. flour evenly over butter. Tip pan from side
to side to coat surface evenly.
- Sift 2 1/4 cups flour, baking powder, cloves, cinnamon &
nutmeg in bowl.
- Stir in almonds and peel.
- Beat eggs and sugar until mixture is thick
- Beat in honey, milk and flour mixture a little at a time.
- When batter is smooth, spread in pan.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Stir icing sugar, almond extract, lemon juice in bowl.
- Add water 1 tsp. at a time.
- Brush on cake while still warm.
- Cut cake into cookies 2 1/2" long and 1 1/2" wide