- 2 cups scalded milk
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 5 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon yeast dissolved in 1/4 cup warm water
- Scald milk with butter, sugar and salt.
- When lukewarm add yeast and 3 cups flour.
- Beat in mixer 2-3 minutes on highest speed.
- Set bowl covered in unheated oven until double.
- Punch down mixture
- Mix in 1 or 2 beaten eggs
- Add flour and turn onto board
- Let rise until double in bulk.
- Turn out.
- Let rest 10 minutes.
- Form into balls.
- Fill 9-inch round pans or tins. Brush with melted butter and let rise.
- Bake at 425 degrees, 12-15 minutes.
- Serves 30-36.