PECAN-CRUMBED CHICKEN with MUSTARD CREAM
Chicken can be crumbed up to 12 hours before required; store covered and refrigerated.
- 4 whole chicken breasts
- All-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 cups pecan nuts
- 2 eggs
- 4 tbsp. Dijon-style mustard
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1/4 cup oil
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- Dust chicken lightly with flour.
- Blend or process pecans until finely ground.
- Whisk eggs in bowl with 2 tablespoons of the mustard.
- Dip chicken into egg mixture, then into pecans.
- Heat butter and oil in large pan, add chicken, cook until browned on both sides and tender, remove from pan, keep warm.
- Add remaining mustard and sour cream to clean pan, stir over low heat without boiling until smooth and heated through.
- Serve with chicken. Serves 4 to 6