Soft Molasses Cookies
- 3 cups sifted flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. ginger
- 1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 c shortening melted
- 1 cup molasses
- 2 tbs. warm water
- 1 egg beaten
- Measure flour into small bowl.
- Add baking powder, salt, soda, and spices, mix well.
- In a large bowl, beat egg.
- To beaten egg, add molasses and water.
- Melt shortening in a pot and add melted shortening to mixture.
- Mix flour mixture with wet mixture.
- Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle flour on table.
- Put dough on table roll to 1/4" thick
- Cut and put on greased cookie sheets
- Bake at 400 degrees F. for 10 minutes (watch closely!)