Frozen Mint Mallow
- 20 cream-filled chocolate cookies
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup milk
- 32 marshmallows
- 1/2 cup green creme de menthe
- 1 pint whipping cream (20 oz)
- Crush cookies and combine with melted butter.
- Set aside 1/2 cup crumb mixture for topping.
- Pat remainder on bottom of 9-inch spring-form pan.
- Heat milk in top of double-boiler.
- Add marshmallows and stir until melted.
- Cool. slightly and stir in creme de menthe.
- Chill until slightly thickened.
- Whip cream until beginning to thicken.
- Gradually beat in marshmallow mixture and continue beating until thick.
- Pour into pan, sprinkle with remaining crumbs and freeze until firm (6 to 12 hours).
- Makes 10 to 12 servings.
When this is made in a spring-form pan (such as used for cheesecakes) it is very effective. Especially if it is decorated to suit the occasion. A cut-out such as a star, bell or Christmas tree may be placed on top of the filling before the crumbs are sprinkled over top.