Peanut Truffle Mice
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup evaporate milk
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 pkg. (300 g each) peanut butter chips
- 86 blanched whole almonds, toasted unsalted peanut halves, sliced almonds, or sliced hazel nuts
- melted chocolate garnish (optional)
- In heavy saucepan, bring milk and sugar to boil over medium heat, stirring.
- Boil for 3 minutes, stirring constantly; remove form heat.
- Add chips; stir until melted.
- Pour into bowl; cover and refrigerate for about 1 hour or until firm.
- Shape teaspoon fulls into balls.
- 8Make thumbprint in each; place almond inside and press mixture to form an egg shape.
- Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheet, pressing base to flatten slightly.
- Insert peanut halves for ears.
- Cover and refrigerate for about 1 hour or until firm.
- Decorate or coat with melted chocolate *garnish
- Truffles can be refrigerated in single layer in airtight container for up to 1 week or frozen for up to 3 weeks.
*Melted Chocolate Garnish
- In micro-waveable bowl combine 6 oz (175 g) semisweet chocolate with 4 tsp. vegetable oil.
- Microwave 1 min or until glossy. Stir until smooth.
- Transfer to pastry bag, add eyes, spots etc. or dip head first one at a time turning in garnish to coat.
- Place on waxed paper and refrigerate for 10 - 15 minutes
Makes 86 truffles