- 1 1/2 lbs Hamburger
- 1/3 cup minced onion
- 2/3 cup cracker meal
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 2 Tbsp. shortening
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 4 Tbsp. Cornstarch
- 2-13 oz. can pineapple tidbits (drained & save the juice)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1 cup bell pepper (chopped)
- 1 small can sliced chestnuts
- 3 to 4 cups cooked rice. (I used brown rice)
- Mix thoroughly.. hamburger, cracker meal, onion, egg, salt, ginger and milk.
- Then, shape into very small meatballs, (quarter size).
- Melt shortening in large skillet, brown and cook meatballs.
- Take out of skillet, set aside and keep warm.
- Drain fat from skillet.
- Mix cornstarch, brown sugar.
- Then stir in pineapple juice, vinegar, and soy sauce until smooth.
- Pour into pan, and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mix thickens and boils.
- Cook one more minute, then add meatballs, pineapple tidbits, bell pepper and chestnuts.
- Let simmer until it all gets heated through.
- Then, spoon over cooked rice.