- 2 cups sugar 500 mL
- 1 cup corn syrup 250 mL
- 1/2 cup water 125 mL
- 1/2 tsp. colouring 2 mL
- P1 1/2 tsp. peppermint extract 7 m
- Put the sugar, corn syrup and water in a saucepan.
- Cook over medium
heat without stirring until a candy thermometer shows 305 degrees F.
(150 degrees C.), or until a little of the mixture pulls into hard and
- Cool it a little, then add the colouring and peppermint.
- Mix it well.
- Place 4 dozen sucker sticks, or popcicle sticks on a greased cookie
- Do not put them too close together.
- Drop some of the candy syrup
on each skewer, about as large around as an egg.
- If the syrup gets hard
before you have all the suckers made, melt the mixture again over a
- Leave them for an hour, then chill them.
- When cold, wrap
them in waxed paper.