- 2 cups high grade wheat
- 3 quarts water
- 1 cup poppy seed
- 2/3 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup honey, dissolved in 1/2 cup hot water
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Dry wheat in slow over 250 degrees F. for one hour, stirring occasionally.
- Wash and soak overnight.
- Bring wheat to boiling point and simmer for 3 or 4 hours until the kernels burst open and white appears.
- Scald poppy seed and simmer 3 to 5 minutes.
- Drain well in cheese cloth and grind twice using finest blade of food chopper. Set aside.
- Prepare honey and sugar dissolved in hot water. Set aside.
- Before a meal, add sweetened mixture, ground poppy seed, and nuts to cooled wheat, walnuts, almonds, hazel nuts or peanuts could be substituted of pecans.