Preheat oven 350 degrees
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon mace
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, lightly beatened
- 2 cups raisins
- 1/2 cup almonds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease a 9" x 13" baking dish
- Sift flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and mace together.
- In a large bowl, beat together butter and sugar until light and fluffy
- Beat dry ingredients into butter mixture
- Beat in eggs
- Stir in raisins and almonds
- Pour mixture into baking dish
- Bake hermits until browned, approximately 15 minutes.
- Transfer baking pan to a wire rack to cool.
- Cut into squares.