- 4 tablespoons unflavoured gelatin
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water
- 4 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon desired flavoring: lemon extract, orange
orange extract, peppermint extract, etc.
- 3 to 4 drops desired food colouring
- granulated sugar
- In a large sauce pan, soften gelatin in cold water 5 minutes.
- Stir in boiling water until gelatin is dissolved.
- Stir in sugar and bring mixture to a boil or medium-high heat.
- Boil 25 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Pour mixture into two 8 x 8 inch pans.
- To each pan add 1/2 teaspoon desired favouring and desired food color (or do not add color for clear gumdrops)
- Stir until combined.
- Refrigerate pans overnight.
- Using a knife dipped in hot water, cut gelatin mixture into 1-inch cubes
- Roll in granulated sugar until well coated and allow to sit at room temperature two days to crystallize.
- Store in airtight containers