Chicken Marylands With Tarragon-Mustard Sauce
Sauce must be made just before serving; it is unsuitable for reheating.
2 whole chickens, halved
- Place chicken into greased baking dish in single layer
- Bake, uncovered in 375 F oven 45 minutes or until golden brown and tender
- Serve hot with sauce.
- 1/4 cup tarragon vinegar
- 2 tbsp. dry white wine
- 1 cup butter
- 1 tbsp. Dijon-style mustard
- 1 tbsp. chopped parsley
- Heat vinegar and wine in pan until boiling
- Reduce heat, simmer about 5 minutes or until reduced to about 2 tablespoons.
- Whisk in cold butter off the heat, about 2 tablespoons at a time, stirring constantly until slightly thickened
- Stir in mustard and parsley
- Serve immediately
- Serves 4.