Brandy Snaps (from England)
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Combine the molasses with the melted butter.
- Sift the flour with the sugar and spices and add to the molasses and butter mixture.
- Mix well and stir in the brandy.
- Drop on lightly greased cookie sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and gently loosen each cookie, one at a time and roll to form a pencil shape. Use a wooden spoon for best results.
- Allow to cool.
1 1/2 dozen
Note: These cookies may be filled with whipped cream sweetened with confectioners sugar. Bits of candies, fruit and chocolate bits may also be used in the filling.