- 7-8 med. size tart apples (Granny Smith)
- 1 c. light brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- Grated rind of 1 orange
- 2 tbsp. orange juice
- 3/4 c. flour
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 6 tbsp. soft butter
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Peel, core and slice apples into a greased 9 inch deep dish pie pan or 1 quart shallow casserole.
- Mix 1/2 c. sugar with cinnamon and nutmeg and sprinkle over apples.
- Add lemon juice, orange rind and juice.
- In a small bowl mix together flour, salt and remaining sugar.
- Cut into batter and sprinkle mixture over apples.
- Bake 45 minutes or until apples are tender and top is browned.