Tooth Pick Ornament
Make these quick and easy ornaments. The
one to the left was made by my daughter in
1984 at the age of 7. I have also used this
craft in my age 5 Sunday school class.
For ages 5 - old age.
- A box of rounded tooth picks
- White glue
- Old Christmas cards
- 1 sheet of cardboard
- Spool of thread
- Cut out a square of cardboard 2 1/4" x
2 1/4" - this will be your stencil
pick out a favorite Christmas Card and position your stencil over the area you want to cut out.
- Trace around the stencil
- Cut out on the lines
- Put a small amount of glue around the
edges of the cutout Christmas card
begin placing toothpicks by 3's or 2's, first on one edge then the next until all 4 sides make a frame.
- Place a "roof" at the top of the frame.
- Allow the glue to dry
- When glue is dry take a length of thread, double it and tie it to the top of the roof.
- Make the loop long enough to fit on the branch of a Christmas tree.