- 3 to 4 pieces of 12" straw
- Gold, silver or red string
- Ornament hook or yarn
- Soak natural straw in warm water to make it easier to handle.
- Take one straw and fold it into a triangle.
- Each section should be 4 inches in length.
- Fold a second straw in the same way.
- Tie the two triangles together as seen in the photo at right.
- Then cut two short pieces of straw to fit across the bound triangles.
- Cross them in the middle of the star and tie in place.
- You may add two very small pieces to make another crossed star in the middle.
- Make sure that each bound section is securely tied.
- The straw will shrink when it dries.
- Tie a piece of yarn or secure a hook at the top of the star and put on your tree.