Rice Christmas Trees
I wasn't sure whether to put this one in the recipe section or in the craft section. So if you consider this a recipe well, your right, but I used this as a craft at my daughters Christmas/Birthday party and it was a real hit.
So using Rice Krispies or a generic rice cereal here it is.
- 5 cups Rice Krispies
- 1/4 cup margarine or butter
- 4 cups mini-marshmallows or 6-10 oz. bag of regular marshmallows
- 10 - 12 regular size marshmallows
- Green food coloring
- Red cinnamon candies, M&Ms, or any other small colorful candies
- Melt margarine in a 3 qt. saucepan
- Add 4 cups marshmallows
- Cook over low heat stirring constantly till syrupy
- Remove from heat
- Add green food coloring till a fairly dark green color.
- Add cereal and stir until well coated
- Shape into conical forms with buttered hands (kids LOVE to do this part, but make sure the mixture is not too hot)
- When cooled Decorate with colorful candies
- One note don't expect the tree to be beautiful when children are making them. Usually they are on their way to being eaten on the spot!