- Sauce pan
- Small cans
- A teaspoon
- Paper towels
- Old candles for chunks.
- Juice can candle (see easy candle making)
To make chunks (pebbles)
- Fill small cans with water and place them in pan filled with water
- Place pan over medium-low heat.
- Cut colored candles into small chunky pieces.
- Put one small chunk in a teaspoon and dip chunk into hot water in can for about two to four seconds.
- This will melt the outside surface of chunk.
- With spoon, immediately remove chunk from water and place it on sheet of paper toweling for one second (just to drain off excess water and for easier handling).
- While chunk is still soft, press it firmly on your candle.
- Place another chunk in teaspoon and into hot water and repeat process above.
- Place warm chunk next to chunk on candle.
- Repeat to cover all around sides of candle.
From the McCall's Book of Handcrafts.