Jacob's Ladder Chain
- Cut two strips of paper 1" wide and about 20" long.
- Lay the strips perpendicular to each other and overlap at one end and then glue or staple these ends together.
- Taking the strip at rear, fold it over the front strip.
- Then take the second strip and fold it forward over the first.
- Continue folding until the entire length is folded according to the illustration.
- To finish the chain, glue the ends.
- Pull the ends to open the ladder.
From The Delineator magazine, 1894.