These candles are easy to make and turn out very nice. The ice will make a variety of crags, crevices and holes in the wax.
- Broken crayons
- Cardboard orange juice can
- Ice cube chunks (small)
- Cotton string
- Melt wax in a double boiler, making sure that the pan on top is dry. (water into wax will explode).
- Braid three long strands of cotton string (the string MUST be cotton to burn correctly).
- Dip string into wax a few times.
- Put into freezer briefly to harden wax.
- Keep string straight.
- Stand string up in center of juice can and pour a small amount of wax in the bottom of can.
- Put can in freezer. Careful not to burn your hands.
- After 10 minutes remove can, wax should be hard.
- Fill can with ice cubes, making sure that wick stays in the center.
- Fill can with liquid wax to about 1/2 inch from top.
- Wait for cubes to melt and wax to harden.
- Pour off water.
- Remove cardboard from candle.
- And there it is a very nice creation!