The Gift Tree
Giving gifts from the heart sometimes requires more than money.
This christmas make a gift tree. Let family members hang promises and messages to each other on it.
Dear Mom I love you. I promise to do the dishes for you 3 times when it is your turn. Merry Christmas!! - Love Christy
Dear Tommy I promise to make you your favorite Chocolate Cake when you ask for it. Hugs and Kisses - Mom
Be creative! So here is a simple tree to hang your "gifts" on. Open your "gifts" on Christmas morning.
- Small (about 3 - 4 ft.) bushy branch
- White and gold spay paint
- Bucket or flower pot
- construction paper
- Paper punch
- Lay your branch on spread out newspaper
- Spray the branch with the white paint let dry
- Highlight the branch with the gold paint
- Place the branch in a bucket filled with sand
- Now you have a tree to decorate
- Make and decorate small cards with a message for your friends and family
- Punch a small hole in the corner of your card
- Put a piece you yarn through the hole and hang.