Make sure that you have the patience and the space for this activity. It is often good to spread out newspaper or even an old shower curtain on the kitchen floor. All ages from Toddlers on can have a ball with this. However don't expect this activity to last very long.
- 3 Tbsp. Sugar
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 2 cups cold water
- Food coloring or even better powdered poster paints (add a little more water)
- Pastry brushes
- Cotton swabs
- Shelf paper or some other non absorbent paper or a cookie sheet.
- Mix the first two ingredients and then add the water.
- Cook over a low head, stirring constantly, until well blended.
- Divide the mixture into 4 or 5 portions and add a different poster paint to each plus a pinch of detergent. The later facilitates cleaning.
- Cool Mixture
- Scoop a portion onto paper and begin painting
- Have fun!