How to fold a Paper Crane
- Fold a square piece of paper in half horizontally. The fold A back to bottom center (D), and B forward to front bottom center (C).
- Your paper should look like this.
- Pull C (the front) and D (the back) apart all the way until you have a flat diamond (as in small diagram).
- Fold top layers of C and D inward to center line at E and fold down F along dotted line.
- You paper should look like this.
- Now here's the tricky part: Unfold step 4. Take top layer only at G and put it up making use of the crease (dotted line). This allows points C and D to fold back to center line along creases. Turn paper over and repeat steps 4, 5, and 5, ignoring new flap topped by point G.
- With split at bottom, fold H and I inward so that edges meet center line. Turn paper over and repeat
- Temporarily open flaps at (L1 and L2). Repeat with K. Fold down wings.
From Alternatives, Forest Park Georgia