- 1 toilet tissue roll
- Snapper - check with fire cracker sales
- Any small favours you wish to add
- An 8 x 10” piece of crepe paper
- 2 pieces of 8 x 5” crepe paper
- Decorative trimmings
- Transparent tape
- Decorative string
- Centre the toilet tissue roll lengthwise
along the 10” side of the 8 x 10” piece
of crepe paper. Wrap the crepe paper around
the roll, securing it with 1 or 2 pieces
of transparent tape. (The tape can be attached
to the underside of the crepe paper so that
it does not show.)
- Insert snapper and favours (e.g. paper
party hats, candies, nuts, riddles, trinkets,
etc.) into t
he roll. The ends of the snapper
should extend beyond the ends of the cracker.
- Tie each end of cracker with string.
- To make fringe, take an 8 x 5” piece
of crepe paper and fold in half lengthwise.
Cut 1” deep slashes about 1” apart
along unfolded edges. Repeat with second
piece of 8 x 5” crepe paper.
- Take about 121” of decorative string (gold, silver, etc.) and place along inside fold of fringe. Gather and tie around end of cracker, over first tie. Repeat with other end, using second fringe. Ends of fringes may be curled gently.
Decorative trims, lace, ribbons, glitter,
etc. may be used to decorate the body of