- Heavy Construction Paper
- Ribbon, or lace to decorate
- Measure a square 4" x 4" (or
any size your wish) on heavy paper such as
- Fold diagonally twice Fig. 1
- Take edge A B and fold 1/4" past
centre of paper. Repeat with other sides
so paper is marked as Fig. 2.
- Refold each diagonal as far as centre
square: A to E, B to F, C to G and D to H,
so crease is reversed.
- Turn up edges A B and C D to make basket
shape as in Fig. 3.
- Fold triangular projections towards inside
surface of basket, Fig. 4.
- Glue all adjoining surfaces.
- To make handle, fold a strip of 4" x
1" (or to suit size) in half lengthwise.
Glue together and roll gently over finger
to make a curve. Then glue to inside of basket.
- Decorate with ribbon, lace, cutouts or