Make an Advent Mural
- Construction Paper
- Colored Pencils
- pkg. pipe cleaners
- large paper (approx. 22 inches wide by 5 feet long)
you can usually get rolls of newsprint ends
from your local newspaper.
- Get a large piece of paper
- Draw 24 little houses, colour them and
cut them out
- On the back of each house put the name
of a friend or family member, number the
other side of the house from 1 through 24
- Draw a little church and color it. Make
a church with a door that opens and inside
put a picture of a baby.
- Make a long winding road all the way
up the paper with a crayon, marker or glue
on pipe cleaners for a more 3-D look.
- Glue the little church
at the top of the road
- Put a little
glue on the left side edge of the houses
and glue them along the road
- Each day open a house along the road
and read the name of the person on the back.
- This is the person whom you will remember
that day. You can do such things as give
them a call, write them a letter, bring by
a box of baked goods, or anything else you
can think of. Especially thank God for them.
- When your family reaches the church thank
God for the gift of Jesus.